Forum Members section Show your controller Michael's Ferduino Build

Michael's Ferduino Build

Post Number:#1 Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:57 pm
Topics: 2
Solve rating: 0
National Flag:
United States of America
I have just completed my Ferduino build, and I am quite happy with it :) . First of all, I would like the thank Fernando for the software and support with some issues that I had. I will upload more photos with time, but I will upload the basics for now. Everything is functional, except I only use one pH probe, so ORP and Density values are incorrect. I have a feeder using a dosing pump, and I use a dosing pump pin for PWC, as I require a different system for my tank. I am really enjoying this project so far B-) . This is a freshwater tank too, in case some numbers look different.

Top View of my Ferduino Build, I know it is a little messy. =))

Arduino Display, knob at bottom can dim and turn off display by lowering power.

JoyReef Info, Charts look nice, and IPCamera is used on one of my old android phones.
Good Luck to You!

Post Number:#2 Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:14 pm
Topics: 38
Solve rating: 233
National Flag:
Brazil

Hi!

Welcome Michael!

Glad to see your controller working. :)

Regarding PH, ORP and density, you can disable this readings on code.

On setup find:

iniciar_stamp_ph_reator();    // Lê o pH do reator
  iniciar_stamp_orp();          // Lê a ORP
  // iniciar_stamp_densidade();    // Lê a densidade
  iniciar_stamp_ph_aquario();   // Lê o pH do aquário

On loop find:

check_parametro_ph_reator(); // Verifica os "stamps".
    check_parametro_orp();
    //      check_parametro_densidade();
    check_parametro_ph_aquario();

Comment out the functions useless for you.

Regarding feeder, this feature is available in latest version of Ferduino code on Github.

Best regards.
Post your doubts on forum because it can help another user too. Just PM me for support if it's absolutely necessary.

Post Number:#3 Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:34 pm
National Flag:
United States of America
Wow! The version I was using was really outdated. I updated to the newest one from GitHub, and moved to the new webpage on your website. The density is no longer displayed as well. Thank you.
Good Luck to You!

Post Number:#4 Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:02 pm
National Flag:
Brazil

Cool! waiting to see more pics. :)
Post your doubts on forum because it can help another user too. Just PM me for support if it's absolutely necessary.

Post Number:#5 Post Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:05 pm
National Flag:
United States of America
Just a quick long follow up to the original post. I have updated the Arduino to the latest, and here are some more pictures of my build.

This is the updated site, I just switched over from JoyReef. I am enjoying the Fahrenheit measurements. :)

In the top left, there is one dosing pump for the tank. The top center is a pump and valve for PWC. The bottom valve with the red hose is for ATO.

This is another top view of the Arduino, but this time, I took off the glass cover.

This is a side view of the case, it is as tall as the power supply. Holes at the side are for venting.

The first three plugs from the right side are for appliances like the heater. I use a mini router so I do not have to run an ethernet cable to my tank. The remaining plugs on the left side are for probes, LED's, feeder, dosing pumps, ATO, and level sensors.

The back side just has a power cable input. This is the cable used on most desktop computers for the power supply.

This is my LED Build. It has two fans on the top, and the cable carries the wires for any appliance under the aquarium. LED's are under the metal.

This is a close picture with the fan and the cable.

This is the under view of the LED build, I use white, green, blue, red, and royal blue for my 5 channels.

This picture shows the LED's when they are on.

Finally, this is the top view of the LED Build.

(-| That took long! With this setup, my plants grow too fast, and I have to cut them very frequently (It is not a bad thing :D ). If you look at the tank in the first picture of this post, the two angel fish on the right have started to breed endlessly. :-s The tank is now filled with their babies. Once again, thank you Fernando, and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Regards, Michael.
Good Luck to You!

Post Number:#6 Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:39 pm
National Flag:
Brazil

Hi!

This knob on front panel is for backlight?

Some suggestions:

1 - Maybe removing the enclosure of this power supply can improve the ventilation;

2 - Maybe you can place the mini router between the power supply and relay board;

3 - A frame like this hiding the screws on front panel will be better.

Best regards.

Post Number:#7 Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:36 pm
National Flag:
United States of America
Hi!

This knob on front panel is for backlight?

Some suggestions:

1 - Maybe removing the enclosure of this power supply can improve the ventilation;

2 - Maybe you can place the mini router between the power supply and relay board;

3 - A frame like this hiding the screws on front panel will be better.

Best regards.

1. Yes, the knob on the front panel is for the backlight of the screen. It dims it or completely shuts it off.

2. The enclosure idea is a great idea, I will have to see if I can remove the sides of the enclosure. The top of it can come off easily. I would have to mount the fan on the glass cover, because it is mounted on the enclosure.

3. The router may fit in between there, I originally kept it outside to see if signal strength will be good. The signal is still strong, so I will try to move it in, it would be a close fit.

4. The front panel frame was a quick design so it can stay on the front of the tank.

5. In the next couple months, I am making a new build for another tank. I will probably use all of those ideas to improve on my design. This build is more of a test, and a first build for an aquarium controller, but it is working very well.

Regards,
Michael
Good Luck to You!

Post Number:#8 Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:47 pm
National Flag:
Brazil

Hi!

As you are using green LEDs instead UV, you can change the RGB value in Ferduino tab to show a green bar on TFT.

Look for "LED design" section and find:

{224, 102, 255}

Best regards.

Post Number:#9 Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:56 pm
National Flag:
Brazil

In the tab "A_English" you can change this texts:

const char nomecanal10[] PROGMEM = "UV";

To:

const char nomecanal10[] PROGMEM = "GRE";

And:

const char nomecanal21[] PROGMEM = "UV LEDS POWER: 255 = 100%";

To:

const char nomecanal21[] PROGMEM = "GREEN LEDS POWER: 255 = 100%";

Post Number:#10 Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:16 pm
National Flag:
United States of America
I have applied those changes in the code, and they look good. I also changed the color and name on the interface so it has a green color and is named green. I have a quick question. In the date showed on the screensaver and the bottom of the TFT, is it possible to change "DE" to the word "OF". It is the only word that is not English when the screensaver comes up.

If you can see the DE after the day and month, that is what I am referring too. This picture is old, the UV is changed currently to GRE and color is green.

Thank you,
Michael
Good Luck to You!

Post Number:#11 Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:33 pm
National Flag:
Brazil

See in the tab "inicio":

myGLCD.print("DE", 95, 227);
    myGLCD.print("DE", 205, 227);

Are you using my version of the library for RTC? In my version all letters are uppercase.

Post Number:#12 Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:07 pm
National Flag:
United States of America
That change to the code did change the word on the main screen, but the screensaver still says DE. The picture I showed was an old Ferduino version that said to comment out ds1307henning library and use ds1307 library if you used English. In this version I am using currently, it has all uppercase. :)

Regards,
Michael
Good Luck to You!

Post Number:#13 Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:32 pm
National Flag:
Brazil

See the tab "botoes_e_etc":

myGLCD.print("DE", 211, 170);

Post Number:#14 Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:41 pm
National Flag:
United States of America
Thank you Fernando, those changes were successful, and look better. I will let you know if there are any more updates or issues with my build. :)
Regards,
Michael
Good Luck to You!

Return to Show your controller