Forum Hardware Others components Ph sensor has interference from pump

Ph sensor has interference from pump  [SOLVED]

Post Number:#1 Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:52 am
Topics: 12
Solve rating: 0
National Flag:
Netherlands
Hi anyone any thoughts on how to fix this? I have the ph sensor and atlas stamp working perfetly. But as soon as i turn on my maxpect gyre flow pump. The readings go to 14 and no more good measurements. Any ideas how to fix this?

Post Number:#2 Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:07 pm
Topics: 38
Solve rating: 233
Topics: 38
National Flag:
Brazil

What's the reason to create this topic if this question was explained for you here?
Post your doubts on forum because it can help another user too. Just PM me for support if it's absolutely necessary.

Post Number:#3 Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:18 pm
Solve rating: 0
National Flag:
Netherlands
Yes you are right. But maybe it is good to have a topic solely for this. It is imposible for new people to find stuff if they have to go through all the build topics. On other forums they encourage you to make a new topic with good title, but if you don't want that good also.
I found out:
-I tested the stamp and the probe with my normal 5v usb power supply and as soon as I would turn on my flow pump the ph measurements would go crazy.
-I then hooked up the ferduino to the usb of my laptop to upload test code. But i the noticed that the ph measurements were good. So that got me suspicious.
-I then took a different usb 5v power supply and ph measurements were great even with the flow pump on.

So for me the sollution was to use a different usb 5v power supply that has better filtering I guess. I think more people can benefit from this discovery.

Return to Others components