Forum Members section DIY Ferduino controller Problems with module ESP8266

Problems with module ESP8266  [SOLVED]

Ask here about your controller made with pieces purchased in other shops.

Post Number:#1 Post Sun May 27, 2018 5:15 am
Topics: 18
Solve rating: 0
Topics: 18
National Flag:
Spain
First of all, apologize for my low level of English that may make it difficult to understand my problem

Until I changed the Movistar router to the new 2.4G + 5G dual band, the Wi-Fi connection worked perfectly with the ESP8266 module.

Well, it stopped working and I thought that the module had failed so I bought 2 more.

The first time I connect them via USB they are perfectly recognized as "ESP_nnnnnn" network (each module its name).

After performing the procedure of loading bin files, they are no longer visible as a Wi-Fi network.

This has happened to me with the 2 modules and now there is no way to see them as a network so I can not connect with them and configure them.

Is it possible that the bin files are obsolete and should load some more updated?

Thank you

Post Number:#2 Post Sun May 27, 2018 11:28 am
Topics: 38
Solve rating: 233
Topics: 38
National Flag:
Brazil

Hi!

The access point (ESP_xxx) stays available by a small amount of time. If you can't find the network so reset the ESP.

If the SSID and password was configured at first time so even after install the firmware the board will connect automatically to your network so the access point won't be available.

You can check if the ESP is connected to your network in router interface.

If it is connected to your router the IP to set up the MQTT client should be like 192.168.x.xxx or 10.0.x.x.

Best regards.
Post your doubts on forum because it can help another user too. Just PM me for support if it's absolutely necessary.

Return to DIY Ferduino controller