Resistor under the board  [SOLVED]

Post Number:#1 Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:46 pm
Topics: 1
Solve rating: 0
National Flag:
Spain
Hello Fernando,

I have just received my board, and it has a resistor welded in the back of the board, and a shortcut between two pins (see image). I've been seeing one of a friend (Ezequiel Flores) which he has also received quite recently, and his board hasn't got this.

What is this modification for?

The image:

Thanks in advance,
Oscar.
Last edited by Fernando Garcia on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image fixed.

Post Number:#2 Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:07 pm
Topics: 38
Solve rating: 233
National Flag:
Brazil

Hi!

Welcome Oscar.

This rework was needed in some boards because firstly was used a trimmer of 100 Ohms.

The trimmer of 100 Ohms was interfering in the serial port (rx0 and tx0).

So was replaced by 10 K Ohm, during this process some pads were damaged.

Moreover this board should not have been sent to you because I have others boards in stock without this rework.

This was a mistake from my supplier.

This board will work normally but, if you want I can replace this board by other.

For it you need send this board to me.

I'm sorry for it.

Best regards.
Last edited by Fernando Garcia on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling
Post your doubts on forum because it can help another user too. Just PM me for support if it's absolutely necessary.

Post Number:#3 Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:20 pm
Solve rating: 0
National Flag:
Spain
Ok Fernando.

If it works properly, it is not a problem for me, as I will put it in an enclosure for it and I won't be touching it too much.

I think the best way to proceed is to let me test it for a couple of days, to see if it works properly. If it does, I'll keep it, if not, I'll ask you to change it. Is that Ok for you?

Post Number:#4 Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:31 pm
Solve rating: 233
National Flag:
Brazil

Thank you for your understanding!

Please check here the conditions to refund the board.

Warranty and return

This board have warranty against defective materials or workmanship for 3 months from the date of original purchase. Proof of purchase is required. This warranty does not apply if, in the our judgemental, the board fails due to damage from shipment, handling, storage, accident, abuse or misuse, or if it has been used or maintained in a manner not conforming to product’s instructions or has been modified in any way.

If you are not fully satisfied with your board, we will accept a return and will credit the purchase price paid for the product (freight charges and return freight not included) if the board is free of obvious damage due to rough and/or improper handling within 30-days of purchase.

The product should be shipped to an address provided after authorization of return. Customers are responsible for the freight charges to Ferduino Aquarium Controller. We suggest using a carrier that provides tracking information. Ferduino Aquarium Controller isn’t responsible for packages lost in transit to us. The replacement product is shipped by ground with shipping charges prepaid. Expedited shipping is available at extra cost.

If you have any problem please send a private message and I'll solve for you.

For now you can mark it as solved clicking in "accept this answer".
Post your doubts on forum because it can help another user too. Just PM me for support if it's absolutely necessary.

Return to Main board