Temperature sensors disappear and probes accuracy  [SOLVED]

Post Number:#1 Post Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:51 am
Topics: 13
Solve rating: 0
National Flag:
Italy
Hi!

I started my aquarium system managed with Ferduino. Yestarday i prepared the water and tomorrow i'm going to buy the rocks.
Unfortunately i'm still in troubles for 2 topics.
I performed calibration for all the probes the readings are absolutely not stable. I know that it is beacause of the fact that
probes are not isolated, ad Fernando explained. I tried to contact Chris in order to buy the isolation module but he is
too busy and till now he wasn't able to help me. anyway, this is a serious issue: i bought circuits and probes and i must have them
working, obviously. Moreover when i will use the calcium reactor the probes will be absolutely mandatory.

The other issue is with temperature sensors. I have the standard 3 probes connected in parasite mode with Ferduino with the
proper jack. At the beginning everything is fine. the dedicated page found the sensors, i can match with one is for water, for heatsink
and for ambient temperature. After a couple of hours the readings drop to -127°C and Ferduino is not able to find the probes
any more. if I deplug 2 specific probes and i leave the heatsink one connected, Ferduino find it, and it works in each connectors, no differences.
If I connect any other probes in any other position the system is not able to find any probes, neither the one that has been working previously.
If i leave connected only the working probe and i wait several hours, SOMETIMES if i connect a second probes it works, but the issue
pops out again after some hours.
I really need at least water temperature and heatsink temperature...
When i'm in the single sensor working condition and i upload the test code for temperature sensors that sensor obviously works well.
But if i connect a second sensor also the test code says "parasite power is OFF".

Any idea?

thank you so much

Post Number:#2 Post Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:16 am
Topics: 38
Solve rating: 233
National Flag:
Brazil

Hi!

Regarding the problem with isolation you should wait for Christopher or accept my proposal to send you the PCB to be assembled.

Your modules of pH and ORP would work better without an EC stamp connected.

You can try it untill get the ISO module.

If only with pH and ORP you have bad value you can try this solution temporarily.

Regarding DS18B20, how long is this cable? You bought it assembled?

Best regards.
Post your doubts on forum because it can help another user too. Just PM me for support if it's absolutely necessary.

Post Number:#3 Post Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:12 am
National Flag:
Italy
Hi!

about DS18B20 my probes are the ones that I received with my used Ferduino. Already assembled. the 3 probes were almost 1 m long. I shortened the ambient temperature one because also in my mind length could be an issue but anything changes. today I tried to connect just the 2 long probes, for water and heatsink, but measures change every minute...21.5 °C, -17°C, 26°C..the only one that is working is the heatsink one.

For the other probes, what do you think about this product?
https://www.atlas-scientific.com/produc ... r_iso.html
do you think it could be connected to pins on Ferduino and then probes and EZO circuit could be connected to those new carrier board? can be a solution?

Post Number:#4 Post Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:57 am
National Flag:
Brazil

Hi!

I have 3 probes working with 300 cm long.

The problem with DS18B20 should be bad contact or are damaged due oxidation.

This carrier board is not good option because is expensive and will be hard to assembly.

Best regards.
Post your doubts on forum because it can help another user too. Just PM me for support if it's absolutely necessary.

Post Number:#5 Post Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:47 am
National Flag:
Italy
Fernando, I'll buy 3 new probes, this is he easiest way to try. But I don't want the ones with metal cap...i'll search for plastic ones.
All the probes are with 3 wires. i should solder together the VCC and the ground for using in parasite mode, right?

Post Number:#6 Post Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:18 pm
National Flag:
Brazil

Yes.

You can try this way with metal cap or buy only the IC and assembly like this.

Watch on youtube.com

Post Number:#7 Post Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:36 pm
National Flag:
Italy
I bought 3 of these:
https://www.ebay.it/itm/Sonde-de-temper ... SwE3BXFjc6
let's see.

Just for my understanding, if we could use the isolated carrier board from Atlas, which could be the wiring?
in that case the multiplexer should not be removed from ferduino, right?

Post Number:#8 Post Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:00 pm
National Flag:
Brazil

Hi!

Just connect like this:

Don't remove the multiplexer.

Best regards.

National Flag:
Brazil

Return to Main board