SOS Problem between ethernet and tft 240*400  [SOLVED]

Post Number:#1 Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:54 am
Topics: 2
Solve rating: 0
National Flag:
Spain
Hi , my name is David.
Fernando, you are doing a fantastic work. Congratulations.
I began with arduino some time ago, with your first project.
My last project, (running perfect, except joy reef) was ferduino with web control but with the older ethernet shield, ENC28J60.
I have an arduino mega, one screw shield (green),one ethernet shield for mega ENC28J60, TFT shield with RTC (and SD slot), and TFT touch screen with resolution 400 x 240, like i said previosly all was running perfect , only problems with joy reef, the last web changes.
I choose upgrade to new project, ferduino with webcontrol, .I read all the topics, and I've follwed step by step.
First step, to buy the new ethenet shield, w5100.
Second step buy a 2 gb microsd card for the ethernet shield.
Third step the pins 10, 11, 12 and 13 are not plugged and a jump between pin 10 (ethernet shield) and pin 53 (arduino mega, in my case screw shield)
Fourth step, remove the tft shield pins 50,51,52,53.
Fiveth step, add the new libraries (base64,ethernet and spi) and modify other the like you say in the tutorial how to install ferduino with web control, also change in the program, the language, ds 1307 (20,21), the Utouch (6,5,4,3,2), and the SD chipselect = 4.
The web control runs fantastic, i connect with joy reef web page, runs very well.
But i notice a problem, when power on arduino mega, the displays show the init screen and after one second shows the password screen. If i touch the password, for example one number, the display stops, is frozen, and the comunications also stops. I need to restart the arduino and i can't touch the screen, that always saty in the password screen.

If i remove the ethernet shield(w5100) and i load the program Ferduino spanish-master, with the same libraries, runs perfect the display, by the way i have not internet connection.

Whats the problem Fernando? Can you help me please?

Thanks a lot .

Post Number:#2 Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:11 am
Topics: 38
Solve rating: 233
National Flag:
Brazil

Hi!

Welcome Juan!

Thank you for your words.

TFT shield with RTC (and SD slot)

I don't know this type of TFT shield. Can you show me a picture and/or link?

Using Ferduino with web control leave the ethernet shield connected and change ethernet_shield to false on code to see what happens.

Best regards.
Post your doubts on forum because it can help another user too. Just PM me for support if it's absolutely necessary.

Post Number:#3 Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:10 am
National Flag:
Spain
Thanks Fernando for your rapid answer.
The display module is from itead. 3.2' TFT LCD 240*400. (Run weel with the old code and if the ethernet W5100 is not plugged).
I have changed this now ""boolean Ethernet_Shield = false;"" but the same is happening.
I would like send you some photos about my shields, but i don't know if it is possible.

PD. When i push the number in the passcode screen, the square frame (normally white) turns to red and stop all.

Thanks a lot Fernando for your help.

Post Number:#4 Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:04 pm
National Flag:
Brazil

You can post the image using the Photobucket, Flickr and etc.
Post your doubts on forum because it can help another user too. Just PM me for support if it's absolutely necessary.

Post Number:#5 Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:36 pm
National Flag:
Spain
Here some photos of my shields.

all my shields front

all my shields side

lcd shield with pins 50,51,52,53 removed

front tft lcd

rear tft lcd

ethernet shield with pins 10,11,12,13 out and pin 10 with cable to 53 of screw shield.

lcd with screen locked

Last edited by Juan David on Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Number:#6 Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:10 pm
National Flag:
Brazil

Everything seems fine.

Are you using the code downloaded from my Github?

Try unplug the pins 2, 3, 5 and 6 of your ethernet shield too. It seems problem of interference.

PS. Check this post to see how post images using the Photobucket.

Post Number:#7 Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:12 pm
National Flag:
Spain
I have done another test. With the same shields, mega,screw shield, ethernet shield w5100, lcd shield and lcd :

With the programs Ferduino with web control beta, the screen goes faster to the password screen if you touch a any button the screen and the coms stops, and i need to reset, if you don't touch the screen the coms with joyreef web is ok.

With the program Ferduino spanish master, the screen goes faster to the passwors screen, also, but i can touch the screen and i can enter in all pages/menus, but when you aplly exit butoon, goes to the main screen and return faster to the password screen.

Maybe this test give you some information about my problem.

I unplugg the pins 2,3,5,6 of my ethernet shield, it has done the same but with the difference that the touch didn't run, but the screen did did the same.

I download the program from here.

Sorry for the incovenience.

Thanks.

National Flag:
Brazil

You need connect the pins 2, 3, 5 and 6 from TFT shield to screw shield directly to bypass the ethernet shield.

Post Number:#9 Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:10 pm
National Flag:
Spain
You are the number one.
It's running with this bypass.
The last question is, i need to buy new ethernet shield?becouse perhaps it is damaged.

Thanks a lot Fernando

Post Number:#10 Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:37 pm
National Flag:
Brazil

I don't think.

Return to Ferduino code