Forum Members section DIY Ferduino controller Wrong measurements with ph EZO modules

Wrong measurements with ph EZO modules  [SOLVED]

Ask here about your controller made with pieces purchased in other shops.

Post Number:#1 Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:50 pm
Topics: 6
Solve rating: 0
National Flag:
Spain
Goog afternoon,

I recently purchased the Atlas Scientific multiplexer along with two EZO pH circuits and two Electrically Isolated EZO Carrier Boards. I attach the connection scheme that I followed, as I also use the ESP8266 module instead of using pins 16 and 17 I used the A6 and A7 that I have free.

I calibrated the 2 probes with the Atlas Scientific calibration IDE.
and they give correct values ​​in that IDE.

The problem was that when loading Ferduino's IDE, it did not give measurements.
After asking in the forum, I followed Fernando's instructions.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=525

The result is :

When changing the Baud rate as in the example, the led light of each ezo module goes off and does not measure with the Atlas IDE, even if the Baud is changed to the Atlas IDE.

Then when loading it with Ferduino's IDE, the ph measurements appear on the screen but giving erroneous measurements.
The ph of 7 gives it good but with the solution of ph 4 , of the screen it gives 1 and with the ph of 10 gives 14.

I have managed to operate the ph modules with the IDE of Atlas, with the commands L, 1 (LED on) and then C, 1 (enable continuous readings once per second). The led light comes back on and gives correct values.

When reloading with Ferduino, the same, the light goes off and gives erroneous measurements.

I read in a post that there could be some problem with the 3 decimals of these new modules. I do not know.
I'm using the IDE with date (14.6.2018).
Can anybody help me?

Tks and best regards

Post Number:#2 Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:14 pm
Topics: 38
Solve rating: 233
National Flag:
Brazil

Hi!

For the latest version of Ferduino code you should use pins 18 and 19 (Serial 1) as explained here.

Check the code and you will see a command to turn off the LED. So there's no error.

There's no errors with decimal places since it's working for other users.

You should turn off continuous reading before try with Ferduino.

What's the result when using test code available on forum?

Best regards.
Post your doubts on forum because it can help another user too. Just PM me for support if it's absolutely necessary.

Post Number:#3 Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:04 pm
National Flag:
Spain
Good afternoon,

I apologize first because the IDE I am using is not the one I told you in the previous message. I was wrong to see the date of issue.
The IDE I am using is this (const char lastUpdate [] = "03/05/2017"; // Last modified date).

Now, after testing the 2 modules with the test code for stamps, ask you told me, the measurements are correct after calibrating the probes (ph: 7,4 and 10).

When loading the Ferduino IDE, the measurements appear on the screen but are not correct.
For example if I put one of the probes in buffer solution ph: 7, in screen it measures 4.63 and the other probe in ph 10 the result in screen is 10.21 (photo 1).

If I place the 2 probes in the same distilled water solution, the result on the screen are different (photo 2).

I also check that if I reuse the probes with the Atlas calibration IDE, I have to enable the L, 1 and C, 1 commands to give measurements. (You already told me in the previous message) and the measurements are correct (the probes are calibrated).

When reloading the Ferduino IDE, evidently the LEDs on the probes turn off and the same thing I said before happens.

Also tell you that the tests I'm doing only with the mega arduino, TFT shield and TFT, as can be seen in the photos. (I do not know if it will have anything to do).Without clock.

I hope you can help me

Tks and regards

Post Number:#4 Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:48 pm
Solve rating: 233
National Flag:
Brazil

Hi!

Please post images correctly using your personal album on forum or other host.

The IDE I am using is this (const char lastUpdate [] = "03/05/2017"; // Last modified date).

It's the date of last modification in FERDUINO code not IDE version.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrate ... nvironment

Obviously it never will work correctly without a working temperature sensor.

Water temperature is used for compensation. Please check stamp datasheet.

I told it here many times.

Best regards.
Post your doubts on forum because it can help another user too. Just PM me for support if it's absolutely necessary.

Post Number:#5 Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:52 pm
National Flag:
Spain
Good afternoon Fernando,

Indeed, that was the error.
With the temperature probe works perfectly.
Thanks for your help and sorry for the inconvenience.

Rgds

Return to DIY Ferduino controller